For the past year I've kept to a similar goal structure. I develop and consider my personal and professional goals for each upcoming month, year and 5 years. I always put a completion date for each goal, and am constantly updating and revising the list as the goals become crystallized. As January is the season of resolution sharing, I thought I'd make my monthly, yearly, and 5 year goals public. Some of these goals I'm super excited by, and some are a little embarrassing, but I wanted to include everything, warts and all. I also always add actionable tasks to help me accomplish the specific goal - which I've left off on a few of my goals for boredom sake!
- Calmly and effectively lead New Hire Training Jan 22 - 26th
- Write Green @ Roscoe and Tech @Roscoe pieces for fb & linkdIn.
- Increase running capacity by Jan 31st
- lengthen running interval to 4:00mins once ea week for 2 weeks, after 2 weeks have that be the base and add a 5min as the stretch for 2 weeks.
- Successfully reduce # of “Whats?!” to Anthony
- check in with him at end of month on progress
- listen to what he is saying, don’t think about your reaction while he’s talking
- Go on at least one long cycle ea week in a supportive setting
- talk to Laura N/Liz about joining their Sunday rides, ride with Anthony, talk to Courtney/April about what they do.
- Establish once monthly supper club with Sarah W. by Feb 28th
- Develop Diamond's social people group skills by July 31st
- Run 5 miles with no breaks by March 31st
- Bike 10 miles continuously by March 31st
- Swim 1 mile with no breaks by April 15th
- Swim 2 miles with no breaks by trialthon date
- Bike 15 miles continuously by tri date
- Participate in the Danskin Tri - May/June
- Finish apartment thriller for public consumption by May 15th
- Host Field Day TRES in May CINCO DE FIELD DAY
- Pay off car by October 31st
- Host Field Day #4 in October/November
- If Danskin Tri is a positive experience, continue to do 1-3/year
- Go on bike touring trip by Nov 30th 2014
- Go on solo road trip with Diamond by Oct 2015
- Save $10K for home down payment by Oct 2017
- “Franchise” the Field Days ala TNSR by Dec 2017